A collection of my most potent 12″ x 12″ abstract art pieces.
1.”Aura” – a neon textured painting in bold, electric colors with shades of blue, black, green, teal, orange and white with hints and splatters of pink and orange, from my larger 4- piece set, “New Wave Rave” (includes “Day-Glo”)
2. “The Shadows Betray You” – inspired by and named after the Dark Knight Rises original motion picture soundtrack composed by Hans Zimmer, this trippy piece was created with a swirling technique using black and white acrylic paint, and blue fabric dye.
3. “Day-Glo” – a bright colored painting created with acrylic paints and fabric dye; it has texture and contrast; part of my larger, 4-piece set, “New Wave Rave”
4.”Restrictions of a Maggot Brain” – a piece inspired by the 1971 album Maggot Brain by Funkadelic, it was made using only 2 colors. After thickly painting the canvas with black paint, white paint was sprayed to create a raining meteor shower; part of 3-piece set.
5.”Stingray” – a splattered black and white drip painting that is striking and minilismistic.
A collection of my best, boldest, and brightest 16″ x 20″ abstract pieces.
- “The Aquarian” – this drippy, trippy gray, teal, black and white piece was inspired by the zodiac air sign, Aquarius.
- ” The Asylum” – one my first paintings, this bright blue electric piece was created by layering and splattering many different shades of blue, purple, and pink paint and fabric dye to achieve a starry, nebula look and feel.
- “Crucifixion” – paying homage to my youthful love of gore, this multilayered, graphic piece has shades of red and black underneath a gauze-like filter of diluted white acrylic paint.
- “Untitled” – created with a special canvas-to-canvas stamp technique using diluted black acrylic paint.
- “Ascendant on Fire in June” – inspired by the summer heat of 2015, this multilayered piece combines many colors I associate with rising flames: orange, hot pink, red, and black.
- “Graffiti” – painted with a mixture of light and dark blue fabric dyes and white and lime green paints to stain the cotton canvas, this vivd piece was inspired by street art.
- “The Limelight” and “Club Kids” – bold and bright, I had the atmosphere of the New York Disco club, The Limelight and its colorful inhabitants in mind when I put paint to canvas.
- “Taurus in a Real-World Eden” – a smokey, green, black, gray, and white splatter/drip abstract art painting inspired by the earth sign, Taurus.
A collection of my larger sized abstract art pieces, ranging in size from 12x 24″,18x 24″, and 30x 24″.
- “That Yellow Bastard Makes Me GAG” – a dramatic and expressive 18×24″ splatter piece inspired by a character from the graphic novel series, Sin City.
- “Cosmic Slop” – a splashy, raw, chromatic large 30×24″ piece, created using a variety of colors and techniques to mimick the texture of outer space.
- “Deep Fling” – a 18×24″ textured pastel piece with shades of peach and muted teal, and splashes of diluted black acrylic paint on cotton canvas.
- “Ambrosia” – glowing gold and rich magenta were layed with black and white acrylic paints to create this radiant 30×24″ piece.
- “The Haze in May” – a floral-inspired, springtime lilac and moss colored piece with swirls and drips of black and white diluted acrylic paint on 12×24″ cotton canvas.
- “The Furies” – a dynamic navy, black, and white splatter painting inspired by the Rorscach inkblot test; cardboard canvas measures 30×24″.
- “Zodiac” – my most recent rainbow and astrology-inspired work, with bold and blended colors splashed and sripped onto a textured and patterned 30×24″ cotton canvas.